Format Quick Links
1. FORMAT AND VENUES
1.1 The OQM is a series of six events:
Event 1 — St George June 17 & 18
Event 2 — Cunnamulla June 24 & 25
Event 3 — Quilpie July 1 & 2
Event 4 — Richmond July 8 & 9
Event 5 — Karumba July 15 & 16
Event 6 — Mount Isa July 21, 22 & 23
2. OQM Players
2.1 The OQM will have two (2) separate groups, which a player may enter based on whether they hold a Golf Australia Handicap:
- Group 1: Players with a Golf Australia Handicap (GA HC Players) – If you are already questioning what this is, then it’s probably not you, so head down to Group 2.
Male and female golfers in Group 1 will be split into two equally sized divisions which will be based on the player’s GA handicap. The two divisions’ names are:
— Brolga Division: GA Handicap 19.9 and below (men) or 26.9 and below (women).
— Bilby division: GA Handicap 20.0 and above (men) or 27.0 and above (women).
- Group 2: Players without a Golf Australia Handicap (Non-GA HC Players) – You are a person who enjoys golf on occasion and is not interested in competing in major amateur events or you simply have never tried to play golf before, then this will be your category.
2.2 Each OQM event will be played over two 9-hole rounds (18-holes total), with 9-holes being played on the first day of the event and 9-holes being played on the second day of the event.
2.3 A player may request to play with another player who may be in Group 1 or Group 2. Although all requests will be considered in some cases a request may not be possible. Please make such a request at the time of registration.
2.4 In most circumstances Group 1 and Group 2 players will play with players from within their groups.
2.5 Dress requirements: Acceptable country casual style with close-toed shoes.
3. OQM Two-Day Event Format
3.1 Group 1 – Individual event: The winners will be the players with the highest 9-hole and 18-hole stableford score over the two days in the various categories determined by the Championship Committee. When divisions are used a player will be placed in a division based on the exact GA handicap they had when they played their first OQM Event.
3.2 Group 2 – The prize winners will be based on the random draw in the various categories determined by the Championship Committee which will be published prior to each event based on the number of entries received.
4. OQM Series Championship Format – Group 1 (GA HC Players)
4.1 The player with the largest combined total point score of six (6) 9-hole stableford scores will win the OQM Series Championship. Players that play in four events and record seven (7) or more 9-hole stableford scores in the 2022 OQM will have their lowest 9-hole stableford score(s) removed based on the following number of events they play;
- Four (4) events – Eight (8) x 9-hole stableford scores recorded – Two (2) lowest 9-hole stableford scores are dropped
- Five (5) events – Ten (10) x 9-hole stableford scores recorded – Four (4) lowest 9-hole stableford scores are dropped
- Six (6) events – Twelve (12) x 9-hole stableford scores recorded – Six (6) lowest 9-hole stableford scores are dropped
4.2 The OQM Series Male and Female Championship will be split into two divisions. A player will be placed in a division based on the exact GA handicap they had when they played their first OQM Event.
5. OQM Series Prize Format – Group 2 (Non-GA HC Players)
5.1 The winner will be based on a random draw with player receiving one (1) entry into the draw once they have participated in three (3) OQM events. If a player participates in four (4) or more OQM events they will receive additional entries into the draw based on the below:
- Player plays in four (4) events – two (2) additional entries into the major prize draw (total of (3) three entries)
- Player plays in five (5) events – three (3) additional entries into the major prize draw (total of (4) four entries)
- Player plays in six (6) events – four (4) additional entries into the major prize draw (total of (5) five entries)
6. Mount Isa Million Dollar Hole-In-One Challenge Eligibility
6.1 The event in Mount Isa will take place over three days. Day one and two will be as per Section 3. OQM Two-Day Event Format. Day three will be a 9-hole competition including the Million Dollar Hole-in-One Challenge.
6.2 Both Group 1 and Group 2 players are eligible to have a chance to win the Million Dollar Hole-in-One Challenge prize if they have played in at least two other OQM events (not including Mount Isa) as listed in 1.1.
6.3 The $1,000,000.00 will be won by the first eligible player to have a Hole-in-One on the designated hole during the 2022 Mount Isa OQM Event.
The order of play for this competition will be based on the following order:
- Players who have played the most events, then
- Players who have the most points, then
- Players who have the highest last 18-hole score
6.4 Employees, or their immediate family members, of Golf Australia Limited, Golf Queensland, Tourism and Events Queensland, Weatherall Golf, Cre8ion, Krista Hauritz Marketing and any other partners or sponsors of the event are not eligible.
7. Major Random Draw Prizes
Major Random Prize Draw – To be confirmed
8. OQM Two Day Event $10,000.00 Hole-In-One Challenge Eligibility
8.1 A $10,000.00 Hole-in-One Challenge prize is available at each of the five, two-day events as listed in 1.1. (Events 1 – 5). Both Group 1 and Group 2 players are eligible to win the prize.
8.2 The $10,000.00 will be won by the first eligible player to have a hole-in-one on the designated hole during that two-day event.
8.3 Once the hole-in-one prize has been won during a two-day event it will not be available to other players on that day or the following day if the prize was won on day 1 of the two-day event.
8.4 The designated hole will be confirmed prior to round 1 of the two-day event being played and remain on that hole for the entirety of the two-day event.
8.5 If a player wins $10,000.00 by having a hole-in-one on the designated hole they are eligible to win other Two Day event hole-in-one prizes and also the Mount Isa Million Dollar Hole-In-One as long as they meet the criteria set in 6.2.
8.6 Employees, or their immediate family members, of Golf Australia Limited, Golf Queensland, Tourism and Events Queensland, Weatherall Golf, Cre8ion, Krista Hauritz Marketing and any other partners or sponsors of the event are not eligible.