TERMS AND CONDITIONS
CONDITIONS OF SALE
- Golf Australia will only offer a refund or exchange of an OQM pass if an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated (and you cannot or do not wish to attend the rescheduled or relocated event), or to the extent otherwise required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law). You must apply for a refund within a reasonable time. Golf Australia does not offer refunds or exchanges as a result of a change in your personal circumstances.
- If an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated, all liability is limited to the amount for which the pass was purchased (including any fees or charges). Proof of purchase may be required for any refund or exchange. Unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), Golf Australia will not be liable for any other losses incurred by you as a result of the cancellation, rescheduling or relocation of an event, including any travel and accommodation expenses.
- COVID-19 Refund Policy – Should you not be able to travel to the event in 2022 due to official travel restrictions, pass purchases only will be made fully refundable or transferable to the next event.
- Golf Australia will only replace lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed passes if the authenticity of the pass can be verified, including proof of purchase, and if you give reasonable notice before the event. Golf Australia may charge a reasonable fee for the replacement of passes.
- You should carefully consider the refund and cancellation policies of travel, accommodation and other goods or service providers when making arrangements for attendance and or participation at an event. You may also wish to consider taking out a relevant insurance policy to cover for any losses in the event of cancellation, rescheduling or relocation.
- Admission to an event is subject to Golf Australia’s Terms. In particular, the following form part of Golf Australia’s terms unless otherwise specified.
- You may be denied entry into, or removed from, an event where Golf Australia has reasonable grounds to do so, including if you breach these Terms and Conditions, or you are intoxicated, under the influence of illicit drugs, inappropriately attired or adversely affecting the enjoyment of the event by others.
- If you arrive late, you may not be admitted until a suitable break in the event.
- You may be required to submit to a search of your person and/or possessions before entering the event.
- Entry to an event may be refused if the authenticity or validity of a pass is questionable, including because the pass has been damaged or defaced in any way, or has not been purchased from Golf Australia or other authorised points of sale.
- Passes may not, without the prior written consent of Golf Australia, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via on-line auction or other unauthorised resale sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services. If a pass is sold or used in breach of this condition, the pass may be cancelled without a refund and the pass holder of the pass may be refused admission. Golf Australia will use reasonable efforts to notify you of such action.
SCALPING WARNING: The resale of passes in certain circumstances is governed by ticket sales legislation and may attract criminal penalties.
12. The holder of this pass assumes all risk and danger incidental to the game of golf and releases Golf Australia Limited and their subsidiaries, Golf Queensland and any partners or sponsors including; Tourism Events Queensland, PGA, etc and any suppliers including; Weatherall Golf and Cre8ion Pty Ltd and all of the host Golf Clubs, participating players and all of their agents from any and all liabilities resulting from the assumption of such risk and danger. The holder of this pass acknowledges they may suffer serious injury or death from attending this event – for example, but not limited to, being struck by a golf ball.
13. Entrants aged less than 18 years of age at the time of an event must obtain the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter the competition and agree to the Outback Queensland Masters Terms and Conditions. An entrant under the age of 18 years of age can only participate if they are accompanied by a full paying competitor that is their parent or guardian (Note: Each entrant under the age of 18 years of age must have their own parent/ guardian). Persons aged less that 14 years old are ineligible to enter or participate in the Competition. All entries and attempted prize redemptions of persons who are ages less than 14 years old will be deemed invalid.
CONDITIONS OF PLAY
1. Championship Committee
A Championship Committee, appointed by Golf Australia (GA), shall have sole management and control of the OQM. The Championship Committee reserves the right to: (a) fix and/or alter starting times, (b) in the event of bad weather, or for any other reason, either shorten the contest or fix another day/venue, (c) vary any condition should they deem it advisable, (d) reject any entry without assigning any reason therefore. The decision of the Championship Committee will be final in all matters and in the absence of a full committee, such members as may be present at the time may give a decision and any decision so given shall be deemed to be a decision of the full Championship Committee.
2.1 The GA HC Player’s event is open to all golfers with a valid GA Handicap or an approved International Handicap (maximum of 54.4 for men and women).
2.2 Once an event reaches its capacity as determined by the Championship Committee, entries for that event will be closed.
2.3 The total entry fee for each event is $300.00 (incl. GST). Players will submit the total entry fee with their registration form.
2.4 Entries without a Golflink number must be supported by a printed handicap record endorsed by an official of the player’s home club.
2.5 Nominations are accepted at face value, on the basis that information contained therein is correct, and up to date. Should this subsequently be proven not to be the case, GA reserves the right to deem any competitor ineligible – at any time prior to or during the Championship.
2.6 Players must comply with the Golf Australia Gender Policy. The policy can be viewed by clicking here.
Competitors in the Championship must register 30 minutes prior to their tee time on day 1 of an event.
The Rules of Golf as adopted by the R&A Rules Limited will apply together with the Golf Australia Hard Card and supplementary Local Rules as are approved by the Championship Committee.
5. Course Markers
During practice or during the Championship a player shall not place on the course, or cause to be placed on the course, any artificial marker or other device designed to indicate course measurements. A player in breach of this condition shall be disqualified.
6. Draw And Starting Times
A draw for each day’s play will be published on the OQM website. Players shall start at the time and in the order arranged by the Championship Committee. Rule 5-3 provides “The Player shall start at the time laid down by the Committee”. The penalty for breach of Rule 5-3a is disqualification. However it is a condition of this Championship that, in the absence of circumstances which warrant waiving the penalty of disqualification as provided in Rule 5-3a, if the player arrives at his starting point, ready to play, within five minutes of his starting time, the penalty for failure to start on time is two strokes at the first hole, instead of disqualification.
It will be obligatory for all competitors in all events to play with a ball which is named in the current list of Conforming Golf Balls issued by the R&A. Penalty for breach of this condition: Disqualification.
8. Driving Clubs
Any driver the player carries must have a clubhead, identified by model and loft, that is named on the current List of Conforming Driver Heads issued by the R&A. Exception: A driver with a clubhead that was manufactured prior to 1999 is exempt from this condition.
*PENALTY FOR CARRYING, BUT NOT MAKING STROKE WITH, CLUB OR CLUBS IN BREACH OF CONDITION: Stroke play – Two strokes for each hole at which any breach occurred; maximum penalty per round – Four strokes. *Any club or clubs carried in breach of this condition must be declared out of play by the player to his opponent in match play or his marker or a fellow-competitor in stroke play immediately upon discovery that a breach has occurred. If the player fails to do so, he is disqualified.
PENALTY FOR MAKING STROKE WITH CLUB IN BREACH OF CONDITION: Disqualification.
9. Use Of Motorised Vehicles
During any round of the tournament, competitors may travel in or on motorised vehicles.
10. Pace Of Play
Rule 5-6 will be enforced. A Pace of Play Schedule and description of applicable penalties for breaching this schedule will be supplied to competitors prior to the first round of each event.
Practice rounds will be subject to availability and at the discretion of the host club.
In the event of a tie for a OQM event and series positions will be determined by use of the Australian Count-back System.
Golf Australia may arrange for promotion of the Championship, for radio, internet and television broadcasting and other exhibition and publication of the Championship or excerpts thereof in any and all media throughout the world, whether now known or hereafter developed. By this application, the player and/ or spectator consents to the use by Golf Australia and any third party it provides consent to, or persons authorised by Golf Australia, of their name, likeness, voice and references to them and photographs and other images of them and their play connected with their appearance in the Championship, or any portion(s) thereof, in connection with such media promotion, broadcasting and other exhibition and publication of the Championship. Golf Australia may utilise the rights granted it hereunder in connection with the promotion of this Championship as well as other Golf Australia Championships and Golf Australia. The cooperation of players and/ or spectators with authorised representatives of the media is required, provided that no pre-Championship activities outside of those activities which are part of the Championship will be required and provided that the player’s Championship play is not unreasonably interfered with.
14. Database Of Competitors’ Details
The personal data contained in this entry is permanently retained by Golf Australia. This data may be utilised by Golf Australia or its sponsors for the distribution of correspondence, in both electronic and hard copy means. From time to time players may be sent entry forms, event literature, the Golf Australia e-newsletter, or marketing material by the sponsor(s) of Golf Australia events, or information about events conducted by Golf Australia-approved bodies. Upon receipt by Golf Australia of a written request, a player may either have access to their details, or have their details deleted from the database.
15. Legal Policies (E.G. Match Fixing Policy)
All entrants are bound to comply with all of Golf Australia’s legal policies. These policies relate to the golfer’s behaviour and the behaviour of their associates during the tournament. Any breach of these policies may result in the competitor being withdrawn from the competition and subject to investigation and disciplinary proceedings.
Depending on the nature of the offence, the competitor may also be subject to criminal charges arising from their conduct.
It is the duty of the competitors and their associates to familiarise themselves with the relevant policies and ensure they comply. Copies of Golf Australia’s Legal Policies can be found on the Golf Australia website on the ‘Policies & Plans’ page under the ‘GENERAL INFO’ tab.
16. Drug Testing
All competitors are subject to drug testing by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Agency for banned substances as laid down in Golf Australia’s Anti-Doping Policy. Any competitor infringing this policy, or refusing to take a test, will be disqualified and subject to any sanction(s) brought down by ASADA. A list of prohibited substances will be available at registration. Clarification of any medication can be obtained via the ASADA hotline – 13 000 ASADA (13 000 27232), or from www.asada.gov.au.
17. Smoking Policy
Players and caddies are prohibited from smoking during a stipulated round. (Note: In addition to the more traditional forms of smoking, this policy is also considered to cover vaping and the like, etc.) Details of sanctions for a breach of this policy are contained in GA’s Code of Conduct.
18. Code Of Conduct
All entrants are bound by Golf Australia’s Code of Conduct (“the Code”). A copy of the Code is available by clicking here. Any breach of the Code may be recorded on the Central Register of the Code (“the Register”). The Register may be accessed (and published from time to time) by any State Association or Golf Australia for the purposes of administering Competitions or state championships, events, competitions, practice sessions or major activities conducted or sanctioned by a State Association, or any State Association or Golf Australia codes of conduct and/or other related matter.
Golden Ticket Competition
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This competition is a promotion run by Outback Queensland Masters, PO Box 50 RBH, Herston Qld 4029.
- All entrants will be subscribed to Outback Queensland Masters e-newsletter.
- Competition dates:
a. Open: 9am Eastern Standard Time, 1 November 2020 (Australian Competition)
b. Close: 3pm Eastern Standard Time, 6 December 2020 (Australian Competition)
c. Open: 9am Eastern Standard Time, 4 May 2021 (New Zealand Competition)
d. Close: 3pm Eastern Standard Time, 12 June 2021 (New Zealand Competition)
- Competition Entry (Australian Competition)
a. This competition is entered via the URL: https://www.outbackqldmasters.com/win/
b. There is no requirement to ‘like’, ‘share’ or ‘tag’ on social media to gain entry to this competition.
c. The competition is open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or over, except members and contracted employees of Outback Queensland Masters and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
d. Only one primary entry will be accepted per person and additional entries received will be disqualified. Allowable additional entries may be gained by sharing the competition to Facebook according to the instructions provided within the competition and additional 2 entries will be awarded in the event that friends enter the competition from the Facebook post shared by an entrant.
- Competition Entry (New Zealand Competition)
a. This competition is entered via the URL: https://www.outbackqldmasters.com/win/
b. The competition is open to residents of New Zealand aged 18 years or over, except members and contracted employees of Golf Australia and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
c. Only one primary entry will be accepted per person and additional entries received will be disqualified. Allowable additional entries may be gained by sharing the competition to Facebook according to the instructions provided within the competition and additional 2 entries will be awarded in the event that friends enter the competition from the Facebook post shared by an entrant.
d. There is no requirement to ‘like’, ‘share’ or ‘tag’ on social media to gain entry to this competition.
- The Prize Winner
a. Winners will be chosen at random by Woobox competition software, from all entries received and verified by the Promoter and or its agents.
b. The winner will be notified by email within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not acknowledge receipt of the prize being awarded within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
c. The winner’s name will be available 7 days after closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
d. In participating in the prize activity, the winner agrees to participate and cooperate as required in all editorial activities relating to this promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed, video-recorded and photographed. The winner agrees to grant the Promoter and its related entities a perpetual, non-exclusive licence to use such audio, footage and/or photographs in all media worldwide and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- The prize details consist of the following inclusions:Australian Competition
a. 2 x Automatic entry Player Passes to play the final of the Outback Queensland Masters in Longreach on 23-25 July 2021
b. Return economy airfares from Brisbane to Longreach for two people
c. 3 nights’ accommodation in a luxury glamping tent at Mitchell Grass Retreat, Longreach. (Check in 22 July 2020 and check out 26 July 2020)
- New Zealand Competition
a. 2 x Automatic entry Player Passes to participate in the final of the Outback Queensland Masters in Longreach on 23-25 July 2021.
b. Return economy class airfares from Auckland to Brisbane and Brisbane to Longreach for two people.
c. Overnight Brisbane accommodation prior to flight and Longreach accommodation (Check in 23 July 2021 and check out 26 July 2021).
d. The prize does not include hotel quarantine. If required by either Australian and/or New Zealand Government
e. Should the Australia and New Zealand travel bubble be removed or travel restrictions be implemented during the travel period, the prize can be transferred to the 2022 Outback Queensland Masters event and is not refundable for cash.
- The prize does not include additional associated travel expenses.
- The prize winner will be subject to the rules and format of the Outback Queensland Masters as per the following: https://www.outbackqldmasters.com/format/
- The prize winners are given special exemption within the Outback Queensland Masters rules, making them eligible to participate in the Million Dollar Hole-in-One Challenge without the requirement to play in a qualifying round at one of the prior locations within Outback Queensland.
- All components of the prize are subject to operator and product availability. Prize components may alter at the discretion of the Promoter. Any change in the value of the prize between the publishing date and the date that the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.
- The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
- Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent substance or value without giving notice.
- The prize winner acknowledges that the prize, or any component of the prize, may be subject to the standard terms and conditions of the individual prize supplier(s) and may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third parties. The winner must become acquainted with any such additional terms and conditions prior to accepting the prize. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable for any additional conditions imposed on the taking of the prize by third parties, or for the breach of those conditions by any person. The acceptance of the prize creates a relationship between the prize winner and the individual prize supplier(s) and the Promoter is not responsible for, and accepts no liability in relation to, any loss, damage or claim that may be incurred by the prize winner as a result of the prize winner’s decision to accept the prize. The Promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
Additional Terms and Conditions:
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions at any time, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage. The Promoter also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of being conducted by the Promoter as intended, whether because of computer virus, mobile phone failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which in the Promoter’s opinion affects the administration of the competition, security, fairness or integrity, the Promoter may in its sole discretion, cancel, modify or suspend the competition.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter and the Promoter’s Agents will not be liable to any person for indirect or consequential loss or damage suffered by any person in connection with entering the competition, or as a result of taking the prize. This applies to all claims, whether such claims are made in tort (including without limitation negligence), in equity, under statute or any other basis.
- This competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by the laws of Queensland.